Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Y Mountain


On Monday night we were invited to join Brad's brother, Craig on a hike up Y MOUNTAIN!! I was a little worried about how we were going to accomplish this with such young girls, but we still wanted to do it- so we went.

I brought along my sling to carry Haisley since we don't own a backpack and I new my arms would be too tired to carry her the whole way. Halle was going to walk and see how far she could make it. It's only a 2.4 mile hike round trip, BUT IT'S STEEP!! I was even having a hard time. I led the way and would look back at the rest of the group periodically and Halle was rolling her eyes every time she saw another switchback. Brad said that she kept telling him she was sweaty:)

We finally made it to the top!!!!!!
HALLE DID IT ALL BY HERSELF!!!!!
On the way down her shoes kept sliding on the rocks and she was getting all mad at her shoes. It was so funny:) I was so proud of her that she did it all by herself. Hopefully this will be a new activity that we can do as a family. Next time Brad will have to carry Haisley though:)

1 comment:

Shana said...

Oh my heck, such cute pics!! So glad you made it! I sitll haven't ever done it!! I need to!