Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Baby Update

Well, there is no baby yet; however, I went to the doctors today and we are progressing. I have had some contractions, but nothing too intense (thank heavens!!). Last week when I went to the doctors the nurse asked me if I wanted to get checked and I chickened out. This week I was determined to find out if anything was happening- not that it really matters since I have to have a C- section anyways. Well, I got checked and low and behold I am already dilated 4 cm and 80% effaced. The doctor said that if I have regular contractions I need to get to the hospital sooner rather than later. So, Baby Hoen could come a lot faster than we expected- Hooray!!

8 comments:

Erin said...

We can't wait to see pictures of the newest little Hoen! Good Luck!

I love your personalized background!

Terrence and Kestlee said...

Yay!! We can't wait to see pics of baby Hoen!! I hope that everything goes well.

Melinda said...

Exciting times! I don't even know what effaced is, and I don't think I ever want to. But good for you - 80% sounds like a triumphant score!

Elly said...

Can't wait to find out what it is. That is great that you are moving along quickly. Physically I am a little jealous but mentally not quite there with you (yet). Give me about a week.

the huberts said...

Yahoo for you! That is so exciting. I guess all you tricks to go early are working, or brad is slipping you castro oil so that he won't miss his game on the 2nd. Well good luck with everything and let me know if you need anything. I am sure koston would love to play with halle if you need someone to watch her for a bit while you and your family celebrate. let me know!

Breanne said...

Oh how fun! I hope that all goes well. So, if you go into labor by yourself, do they still have to do a C-section??? That is my last resort, I don't want to be cut open, maybe I'm just a wuss!

Breanne said...

btw: love the new background!

Jaymesmom said...

Waiting patiently... Well, maybe not!!